From Thai Language Wiki
The first goal of the Thai Language Wiki project is to convert the FSI language course into text, add Thai language for all transliterations/phonetics script, and link in the sound files (FSI Thai is a high-quality language course in the public domain).
We are convinced that the result will be a language course that can augment, and might be even better than some (rather expensive) commercial products.
At this moment not many people are using this course for several reasons:
- Created on a typewriter, the layout is old fashioned.
- It contains no Thai script.
- Some dialogues are outdated.
- It is not being actively promoted.
The FSI Language course has several strong points:
- It uses a very systematic way of teaching.
- There are hundreds of exercises in the course.
- The course book is perfect for classroom use, but also for individual use.
- There is a lot of audio material available.
How do we work?
- Our working platform is a "wiki". This is a kind of web-site that can be edited by many people at the same time. You don't need to be a computer expert to use it.
- We might convert the information into other electronics formats, like PDF later.
What do you get from helping?
- The opportunity to practise your Thai.
- The opportunity to work with new technologies (wiki).
- The opportunity to give something to something back to the Thai learners community.
- A free high quality language course.
- Eternal fame!
Who can help?
- Anyone with a bit a free time and an interest in Thai language.
- You don't need to be able to type Thai. You can work on the English part.
- If you don't know how to use a wiki, you can use the templates we prepared for you.
If you are interested, please contact us: